Each track has their own admissions requirements. Please review each track requirements carefully.
Minimum Academic Requirements
- Completed 90 hours or three-fourths of the required credits for a degree in a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting body. Candidates must earn a baccalaureate degree prior to matriculation.
- Scores from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if requested.
- Please have your recommender send his/her letter directly to COMadmissions@marian.edu. MU-COM requires three forms/letters of recommendation.
- a form/letter of recommendation from a physician (DO or M.D.)
- a recommendation form/letter from a pre-medical or pre-health committee or advisor*
- a recommendation form/letter from a science professor
*If an advisor or committee is not available, a letter from another science professor will be accepted as a substitute.
Medical School Track
- Students seeking acceptance into this program must present with an undergraduate GPA of at least a 2.75 and an MCAT of 491 or 21.
- Those seeking to complete the entire program and earn a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences, must enter with a GPA of at least a 3.00 and an MCAT of 491 or 21 or a GRE general test score of at least a 290 for the combined verbal and quantitative reasoning sections and above a three (3) for the Analytical Writing section.
BMS Fall 2016 Entering Class Profile
- Both tracks requires coursework to be completed prior to matriculation.
How to Apply
Applicants who have applied to the DO program at MU-COM, but wish to matriculate to the biomedical sciences program should contact MU-COM by phone at (317) 955-6297.
All other applicants should complete an online application.
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by the extended deadline of August 1. Applications may be accepted on a space-available basis after that date.
Tuition for 2017-2018 academic year is $22,800 per year. Students who are accepted into the second year receive a $12,000 stipend.